One of the reasons why I started this blog was to "force" myself to have a place where I jotted down things, places and persons that inspire me. As such, I decided to start a new feature called "Inspiring People", which really came about when I read about this documentary on NPR. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch it, but ever since hearing about it, I have been reading more about Gloria Steinmen and her role in the women's movement and beyond.
I highly recommend taking a look at her official website and reading up on her contributions. As the founder of Ms. magazine, an activist and a profoundly honest human being (her discussions on self image are very illuminating), Gloria Steinmen is definitely an inspiring person. So as a tribute to her I leave you with some of my favorite quotes by Ms. Steinmen, along with a couple of outfits inspired by her iconic 1960's style.
1. Geo Mod Shades, Anthropologie.
2. Silk Blouse, Anthropologie.
3. Mustard Mini Skirt, modcloth.com.
4. Wooden Platform Wedges, modcloth.com.
5. M Missoni Natural 60's Box Print Dress, via fashionologie.com
6. Topshop Oversized Wavy Bangles, via fashionologie.com
7. Eddie Bauer, via fashionologie.com
Do you have any suggestions on inspiring people? If so, please share on the comments.