In my case, here are 10 things I give thanks for:
- 3 non-rainy days in a row, here in Costa Rica
- home made cranberry sauce
- my really funny, really endearing 6 and 8 year old nephews
- pomegranate and lemon lip gloss from Bigelow Co.
- vintage jewlery handed down from my grandma and grandpa
- friendly strangers who give you tips on cooking yams at the grocery store
- all kinds of random acts of kindness
- my wonderful, smart, caring mother
- the perfect loose-fitting pair of jeans (thank you GAP!)
- and of course, for having the most amazing friends in the world!
And here are some pictures from last year's thanksgiving, my law school roommie and I cooked a wonderful feast for 15 people and the preparations lasted a week, including hand delivered invitations accompanied by chocolate cupcakes.
I must say that I really loved our table setting, which included two different types of napkin folds and handmade candles... but I was less than pleased with our white, plastic chairs... ah, well we were broke college students after all!
One of my favorite parts of the evening was our "give thanks" game. We went around the table having people say what they were thankful for, but next to each person's name tag was a random word which was symbolic of another person in the table (ie: our friend Amanda has the most wonderful curly hair) and the person giving thanks had to include the random word in their "give thanks" speech and then we all had to guess who matched the word... try it! With a close group of friends it can be really funny!
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving day.... and for those who do not celebrate it, remember to notice the small pleasures in life and be thankful for them.