Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fab Five from NYFW.

After pouring over the Spring/Summer in NYC I found the five collections that truly stood out for me, not an easy feat, as there were plenty of beautiful runways this year. But alas, here are my Top 5. 

First up, Altazurra a label I am not too familiar with, but this may soon change thanks to this wonderful S/S 2011:


I love the mixture of florals and edgy silhouettes (such as the tuxedo jacket). Plus that oversized sweater is begging to be in my closet!


Next up is one of my all time favorites, I mean who doesn't love Marc Jacobs?


I think this collection is pure Marc genius! Everything from head to toe is interesting: from the chic booties to a new take on bandanas. I also love that although he used such a neutral palette, the clothes really popped thanks to sheer materials and shiny touches. 


Next up, Prabal Gurung:


I feel there is not much to say except that it was breathtaking. While so much of fashion seems to be a do-over of previous influences and trends, this collection just felt so innovative. I'm in love with the vivid colors, and that purple gown would be a real stunner on the red carpet.


Preen, a nice contrast to Prabal's electric colors:


This collection is so feminine and soft, it really says spring to me! However, it is the small details like the peplum top, a delicate embroidery or a cinched waist that really make this collection fashionable and not just pretty. All in all, Je a'dore!


And last but not least, Peter Som:


I want it all! The bright colors and beautiful flowers... and, of course, the shoes! That first dress would be so lovely to attend a summer soiree, while some of his other pieces would bring a much needed pop of color to an office outfit. 

Overall, I think it was a great NYFW, which has left me hungry for some shopping. What do you think of these collections, and where there any other designers that really inspired you this season?

xoxo,
Pilar
(all images here)

17 comments:

  1. Ooooo I am totally loving the Prabal Gurung line you posted! So dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness it's hard to pick a favorite! I love the purple in the Prabal Gurung line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous picks! I'm loving the Peter Som looks -- those colors make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these picks! Marc Jacobs *sigh*. Also, Peter Som is one of my favorites this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, all so gorg! i didnt even see these collections lol. shows how thoroughly i went through style.com. love your choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice choices! I haven't sat down and completely gone through all of NYFW wonderfulness, but from what I've seen I'm really glad designers are venturing away from pastels for the spring. Pastels never looked right on me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i LOVE MJ's designs! he knows a way to a girls heart for sure. wonderful assortment of fab fashion finds lades. thanks a bunch for visiting me and your sweet comments!!! wishing you a rad weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right now I am into light dreamy pastel colors. I can definitely say Preen is my most favorite of 'em all. Also love the juxtaposition of clean lines silhouette combined with the ornate floral details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good picks. I wish I could have at least one outfit from every collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely picks! Marc Jacobs is always to-die-for, and Preen is sooo lady-like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prabal Gurung and Peter Som created looks in the most beautiful colors and cuts!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, I am loving all the bright colors and florals. Makes me want to skip fall and winter and jump right into spring! Lovely picks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Checked out Jack after your last post...love his work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome picks. Peter Som is rockin my face off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Marc collection is absolutely one of my all-time favorites of his. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts...